Branches of GovernmentEdit
The Magistrate Edit
- Each Chancellor oversees a specific section of the Magistrate, and they form the governing council of the branch as a whole.
- Chancellor of Magical Research and Regulation: Seriphene Silverfall
- Chancellor of Magical Education: Tarso Val'cari
- Chancellor of the Judiciary, High Justicar: Ailos Lightsworn
- Chancellor of the Reliquary, High Examiner:
- Chancellor of the Embassy, Administrator:
- The individual Magisters and Magistrix’ still hold a vast amount of power, and oversee day to day going ons of the magical community. They commonly take on strong roles under a particular Chancellor's vocation, or advise those higher up on policy that they may feel is lacking. To reach the level of Magister or Magistrix is to be recognised as a very powerful, intelligent or influential magus.
- Arcanists are skilled magi who assist in the day-to-day runnings of the various parts of the Magistrate. They can serve as entry-level in whichever branch of the Magistrate most suits their skillset and learn on-the-job.
High Justicar - Ailos Lightsworn
- The High Justicar is a Thalassian Knight of the Silver Hand or Argent Crusader with exemplary experience and service. They are responsible for overseeing the court system and the dispensing of justice, as well as appointing other Justicars to the bench. It is quite unconventional and historically, the Thalassian Magistrate appointed their own to serve this position (though, it was called the High Justice), and other Justices to serve as 'judges' as well.
- A Knight of the Silver Hand or Argent Crusader of Thalassian heritage who is free of violation from oaths that is appointed to act as a judge. The inclusion of such oath-bound warriors of the Light also serves to provide balance within the Magistrate's primarily magic-oriented ranks. They answer to the High Justicar.
- A Barrister/Lawyer that can be called to represent an accused persons if they desire legal representation yet have none. Councillors also represent the legal might of the colony and can act on its behalf in some dealings with other territories.
- The Administrator oversees the smooth function of the various Consulates that represent the Colony.
- The Deputy serves as a direct second under the Administrator and is qualified to take meetings and act as attendance in the Administrator's stead.
- The Chief Ambassador is in charge of a single Diplomatic Mission that is assigned to a specific area.
- Stormwind House of Nobles Consulate - Pending
- Stromgarde Consulate -
- Quel'Danas Consulate -
- Dalaran Consulate - Gwen Marie Dubois
Aegis serves as the militant guardians over the Colony in a structure similar to the defense stations of Quel'Thalas.
General - Aeriyth
- The General oversees the Farstriders of the Colony, but does not take the rank of Ranger General out of respect to Ranger General Vereesa Windrunner. The rest of the rank system is identical to that of the Thalassian Farstriders, and those holding rank that wish to serve the Colony will be afforded the same rank.
Ministry of IntelligenceEdit
Director - Vince
- The Director of the Ministry serves as the head of the entire agency and makes choices that will effect it as a whole, all missions, deployments and major operations are first approved by the current Director who reports directly to the convocation, he/she will ensure that all standards are met and all agents under their employ are conducting themselves to the ministries strict standards as well as ensuring no agent goes 'rogue' and takes matters into their own hands outside of official endorsement of their acting Director or Spymaster. In the event of a dispute between high ranking members of the agency the Director's decision will act as the final word in all matters. The Director will work with other acting heads of the Aegis to ensure safe and unified cohesion between the Ministry of Intelligence and those acting in the same field of the colonies defense.
- The Spymaster of the Ministry serves as the Director's second and will assume their role should the current Director be captured, killed or discharged due to extreme circumstances. They will ensure that all operatives under the employ of the Ministry are reporting accurate, reliable and truthful information and that none have gone 'rogue'. A rogue operative constituting a member / operative that is acting on their own accord outside the will of the agency, should this operative be uncovered the Spymaster and a team will be sent to recover the asset personally. The Spymaster assumes all the same responsibilities as the Director such as overseeing the agency with the exception that all information, mission requests outside of the colony and high risk within must still pass through the Director for approval.
- A senior operative is a member of the Ministry of Intelligence who is both battle-hardened and has proven themselves to be a reliable asset to whom the agency can rely on for accurate, reliable and truthful information. This operative is usually a team leader for agents of lower rank when deployed without the Director and Spymaster. These agents have a broad access to classified colony information outside of top level clearance items that may effect the well-being of the colony and it's people. These operatives are usually those that junior operatives are paired with for their training and when deployed.
- An agent of the Ministry who is proven themselves reliable in the field and has reached an acceptable level of experience in which they are able to work on their own without a team present under the instruction of the Director or Spymaster. These agents have limited access to classified colony information and will defer to senior operatives for assistance if they require anything outside of their access. These operatives make up the bulk of the Ministry of Intelligence's staff and are the first deployed in the field with a senior operative as team leader.
- An untested operative in training who is usually paired with a senior or standard operative to shadow them in their duties, these operatives will have no access to classified information and will have to defer to their paired operative or a senior for assistance. They are never deployed on their own until they complete their training and move to a full operative, their duties are those of their paired senior.
Captain - Vaessina
Medical, educational and spiritual services are provided to all colonial citizens regardless of financial status. The branch of Civil Services is dedicated to the welfare of the people in all aspects, with no lapses in coverage.
Ministry of EducationEdit
Minister - Jaehaera Dayfall
Minister description goes here
Board of Education Three members of the Board decide upon the processes for education and the content there-of. One chair on the Board is reserved for a representative of the Magistrate for magical education.
- Tarso Val'cari - Magistrate Representative
- Elorae Sunwraith
Ministry of HealthEdit
- Description here
Board of Health
- Description here
Ministry of Dawn's LightEdit
High Minister - Bellaria Sunrose
Matron / Patron
((Disclaimer: Readers should be advised that some laws outlined contain mature content and concepts.))
Eligibility for citizenship of the High Elven Colony is as follows:
- Of Thalassian descent (OR)
- Married to one of Thalassian descent
- Under the banner of the Grand Alliance (OR)
- Be willing to pledge such at the time of a citizenship hearing
- No outstanding warrants issued by offices of the Grand Alliance, her allies and her territories.
This does not apply to Highborne and Kaldorei, who are ancient citizens of Suramar City and we are their guests.
Citizenship hearings are scheduled in advance with the Magistrate and takes place before a Justicar of the Magistrate. In attendance shall also be one Councillor on behalf of the Colony and the applicant's chosen character reference / sponsor. Any history of service to the Thalassian peoples will be researched by the Magistrate and held in high esteem when considering the applicant.
Citizens can sponsor the application of another.
Those who do not qualify to be citizens of the Colony may apply to the Magistrate for a writ of foreign residency. Any history of service to the Thalassian peoples will be researched by the Magistrate and held in high esteem when considering the applicant.
Trafficking is considered the transport of prohibited goods past (either in or out of) colonial borders without express order from the Magistrate.
- Fel-empowered or afflicted objects
- Tomes or instructions on consorting with Demonic entities
- Demonic artifacts
- Twilight-empowered or afflicted objects
- Void-empowered or afflicted objects.
- Unregulated ordinance
- Development of ordinance is prohibited inside Suramar.
- Unregulated Sentries or Constructs
- Permits are readily available from the Magistrate for the development of constructs within the colony.
- All Leypetal and Manathistle brought into Suramar must be identified as safe for elven use.
- All Leypetal and Manathistle grown in the colony must be inspected and clearly labled for strain, potency and all magical content.
Nightborne Standard (NBS) is defined as 78% of the ingredients in one bottle being distilled Nightwell essence. This is not safe for high elves to consume.
- Arcwine sold within the Colony must not exceed 2% due to the risks of elves becoming Wretched from its potency.
- All Arcwine sold within the Colony must have the percentage listed, as well as other ingredients.
- Non-Alcoholic forms must not exceed 2%
- Non-Alcoholic forms specifically for children must not exceed .5%
- Prohibited from trade with any entity / faction currently hostile with the Alliance without express order from the Magistrate.
- Breach of any laws concerning Trade Regulations can / will result in removal of trading license within the colony and it's borders.
- Parties found to be using their trading license to ferry prohibited goods into the Colony will lose one hand and be forever exiled.
- An Imported Goods Permit allows a tradesperson to sell within Suramar, suitable wares whose origin resides outside of its regional borders.
- A Domestic Goods Permit allows a tradesperson to sell within Suramar, suitable wares whose origin resides within its regional borders.
Once a permit is acquired, it will then list the category of goods that the signatory is permitted to sell.
- Luxury Goods: Silks, spices, perfumes, oils, alcoholic beverages, legal imbibed substances, pets, jewellery
- Cattle: Any animal aggregated and sold as produce.
- Crops: Harvested foodstuffs.
Restricted Schools of MagicEdit
- Sanguimancy / Hemomancy
Forbidden Schools of MagicEdit
- Void / Twilight / Old God
For projects and research that stand to benefit the Thalassian peoples, the Magistrate may grant funding and additional resources. You may be eligible to qualify for a Grant based on the criteria below.
- Starting a small business within the colony
- Research and development
- Cultural preservation
- Educational materials
- Leypetal or Manathistle greenhouse
- Arcwine production
- Public social events
And more. If you believe you may qualify for an Official Grant but do not see your reason above, contact an Arcanist within the Magistrate.
- Conspiracy to overthrow government officials is classified as Treason and carries with it the penalty of beheading.
- Conspiracy to commit the murder of a government official is classified as Treason and carries with it the penalty of beheading.
- Attempted murder of a Chancellor of the Convocation is classified as High Treason, and carries with it the penalty of beheading.
- Attempted murder of a lesser government official (not a Chancellor) is classified as Petty Treason, and carries with it the penalty of beheading.
- Murder of a Chancellor of the Convocation is classified as High Treason, and carries with it the penalty of beheading.
- Murder of a lesser government official (not a Chancellor) is classified as Petty Treason, and carries with it the penalty of beheading.
- Conspiracy to carry out a violent attack against a government building is classified as Treason and carries with it the penalty of beheading.
- Conspiracy to carry out a violent attack against the civilian body is classified as Treason and carries with it the penalty of beheading.
- Committing a violent attack against a government building is classified as High Treason and carries with it the penalty of beheading.
- Committing a violent attack against the civilian body is classified as High Treason and carries with it the penalty of beheading.
- Sexual Assault is punishable by beheading
- Murder is punishable by beheading
- Assault on a Colonial Official is punishable by
- Assault on a member of the Guard is punishable by
- Forgery and Counterfeiting is punishable by
- Burglary is punishable by
- Armed Robbery
- Arson is punishable by conflagration.
- Racketeering is punishable by
- Piracy is punishable by keelhauling.
- Blackmail, Bribery and Extortion are punishable by
- Kidnapping is punishable by
- Cruelty to Animals is punishable by
- Spying on members of the Convocation, Guard, Colonial officials or agents thereof is punishable by
- Malfeasance in Office is punishable by
- Obstruction of justice in the capacity of lying to colonial authorities when a Magistrate-sanctioned investigation on the subject is NOT occuring is punishable by community service hours or a fine as determined by the presiding Justicar. (See also: Felony Obstruction)
- Public Intoxication is punishable by, at maximum, time in Arc Prison relating to the severity of the offense determined by the presiding Justicar.
- Pickpocketting is punishable by the ratings:
- Pickpocketting to feed is punishable by employment to repay value of stolen goods.
- Pickpocketting for profit is punishable by the formulae 1 gold = 1 week Arc Prison and the value of the stolen goods repaid.
- Trespass is punishable by a fine as determined by the presiding Justicar.
- Vandalism is punishable by a fine as determined by the presiding Justicar, in addition to restitutions made in full of the valued damage.
- Assault on a member of the civilian populace is punishable by time in Arc Prison as determined by the presiding Justicar.
- Public Indecency is punishable by _____
- Theft is punishable by the ratings:
- Theft to feed is punishable by employment to repay value of stolen goods
- Theft for profit is punishable by the formulae 1 gold = 1 week Arc Prison and the value of the stolen goods repaid.
- The right to partake in honour duels till first blood.
- The right to legal representation or advisement.
- The right to bare arms and armaments freely, with exception to government buildings and official hearings.
- The right to a Sprite Darter companion.
- The right of freedom of worship with the exception of Old Gods, Void Lords, Ext.
- The right to a fair and speedy trial.
- The right to freedom of speech within reason and without breaching the peace.
- The right to clean drinking water.
- The right for a Merchant / Salesman / Salesman or owner of a commercial property to refuse services to a person or persons.
- The right to essential services as defined by the responsibilities of the Civil Services* branch
- Sprite Darters
- Residents of Suramar's Aviary
- Medical oversight of which is to be outsourced to Shindo Malphur or other specialist appointed by said persons.
Invasive Species ActEdit
- Non-native species introduced to the region must only be done so through the Colony.
- Breeding non-native species in the region will be regulated by the Magistrate.
- Release of non-native species into the region carries with it the revocation of such animal privleges and in addition, the released animals must be hunted down so as not to pose a risk to the natural ecosystem of Suramar.
- Enchanted Elven Runes
- Arcane Crystals
- Magitech Advanced Weaponry
- Arcwine-related products such as
- Non-Alcoholic Arcwine
- Sparkling Mana Cider
- Arcberry Juice